Staying in the Twin Cities for MEA Weekend? Check out these 4 different ideas for you and your kiddos to spend some quality time together.
- The Walker Art Center is celebrating Walktoberfest and admission is free all weekend. The Walker Art Center is located west of Downtown Minneapolis.
- Check out the Foshay Museum and Observation Deck and see Minneapolis from a different perspective. The Museum and Observation Deck is open from 10 – 6 on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and 10 – 5 on Sunday. Parents – don’t forget you may have to pay for parking too so if you are looking to keep this budget friendly.
- Visit the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum after 4:30 and admission is free for parents (adults) and kids!
- Do your kids love soccer? Take them to see the University of Minnesota Women’s Soccer team play Wisconsin at Saturday at 7pm. Tickets are $5 for adults and $4 for kids.
- Visit one of Minneapolis’ lakes – Lake Nokomis & Lake Calhoun have playgrounds near the water. Your kids will love the playground and you can enjoy the views! Visit Lake Harriet and make your way to the world’s best bookstore – Wild Rumpus!
- Carve your pumpkins!
- Visit Fox Family Farm in Hastings! The Fox Family is darling and you’ll love the fresh air. Visit downtown Hastings while you are there. The riverwalk has plenty of space for your kids to run and a cool display for them to create music.
Whatever you do – enjoy the beautiful weather and make some memories with your kids!